We recently announced the AIM ImmunoTech team is working hard to establish clinical trials as a protective prophylaxis and an early-onset treatment for COVID-19, the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. AIM has reached several significant COVID-19 milestones over the past two months:
- AIM filed provisional patent applications to secure the company’s intellectual property before seeking domestic and international research partners.
- Japan’s National Institute of Infectious Diseases (NIID) agreed to experiment with Ampligen as a potential treatment for COVID-19. The testing and research will be conducted by laboratories at the NIID and the University of Tokyo. AIM will report immediately upon receipt of results.
- AIM engaged ChinaGoAbroad (CGA) to facilitate pre-clinical and clinical trials of Ampligen in the People’s Republic of China (PRC).
- AIM is in discussions with GP-Pharm in Argentina to advance Ampligen for potential use against COVID-19. Ampligen is an approved drug in Argentina for use against myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome.
- AIM is in discussions with myTomorrows and Erasmus MC, Rotterdam – where Ampligen was recently used to treat pancreatic cancer patients – to explore expedited pre-clinical and clinical trials of Ampligen.
Learn more here.